The ear is a delicate organ of the body; anything that affects it will have a ripple effect on the body. Here presented are 15 sure bets in the treatment of ear infection. Enjoy.
Basil has many therapeutic properties; it contains potent antibacterial properties. It is a good remedy for ear infection.
- Crush 5 fresh basil leaves as gently as possible to extract to juice. Apply this juice on and around the affected ear. Caution: Do not allow the juice into your ear canal. It works.
Heat up a cup of salt water by applying low heat. Get a clean cloth and secure the end of it with a rubber band. When the temperature comes to the level you can withstand; place the cloth on the affected ear while you lay down. The warm salt has the ability to withdraw the fluid from your ears and to reduce the swelling on the ear.
Also read :-
3. APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
It has been known for a long time for its curative powers. It therefore easily makes our pick of remedies for ear infection.
- Mix one part Apple Cider Vinegar with one part of water. Now soak cotton ball in the solution and place it on the affected ear and allow it to remain for five minutes or so. Remove the cotton ball and lay on your other side to remove residual drain of vinegar. Set hair drier at low to dry your hair.
4. OLIVE OIL
The blockage of the Eustachian tubes is a common cause of ear infection. It has been medically established that olive oil has the capacity to clear this blockage.
- Warm some olive oil on low heat. Now carefully dribble the olive oil into the affected ear. You can remove the wax with cotton swab. Be careful in doing this to avoid damage to the ear drum.
It is very potent in its ability to solve issues relating to ear infection.
- You can make your garlic oil by cooking two gloves of garlic in 2 tablespoon of mustard seed oil until it turns black. Now strain the liquid and when you can bear the heat drop a few drops into the affected ear using a clean dropper.
Radish apart from its usefulness is curing several ailments; it is also a therapeutic remedy to ear pain.
- Mix two pieces of small radish pieces in two tablespoon of mustard oil and boil for about 10 minutes. Filter the mixture into a clean glass bottle. Drop two to three drops into the affected ear for quick relief. Repeat until the infection is gone.
7. MULLEIN FLOWER OIL
It has a number of healing properties contained in the leaves, roots and even the flowers. This is one plant you can rely upon to get relief from ear infection.
- Place a few drops of this oil in a bowl and with the aid of cotton ball drop the oil in you’re the affected ear for about 5-10 minutes. Repeat the process until the infection is gone.
8. PEPPERMINT OIL AND LEAVES
This is also a very reliable means of remedy for ear infection; it has curative abilities that have the ability to take care of ear infection.
- Get the juice from the fresh leaves into a clean dropper. Apply two to three drops into the affected ear for quick relief. Repeat this method for as long as the infection persists. You will obtain instant results.
9. HYDROGEN PEROXIDE
You are aware that hydrogen peroxide is effective in the dressing of wounds and cuts; further, it may be used as a good treatment for ear infection.
- Mix about 3% hydrogen peroxide in water. Get a clean cotton wool to dab the solution into the affected ear. Tilt your head so that the solution can get in properly. Keep your head tilted for about 2-3 minutes before you drain out the solution. You will feel a tingling sensation in your ear.
It has strong anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that help in remedying ear infections. You can rely on it to get reprieve from ear infections.
- You will need the juice; get it extracted and drop it on the affected ear. Alternatively, mix one teaspoon of freshly grated ginger in two teaspoon of olive oil. Allow to settle for about 10 minutes before applying into the infected ear.
Featured Image Credit (the girl) :- Freepik
Click on next (>) button to read point no. 11 to 15