When there is problem in the vocal cavity; two things happen – difficulty in speech and in diet. To address the problem of sore throat; any of the top 15 below will give you relief. Enjoy.
Top 15 Home Remedies for Sore Throat
1. Slippery Elm
It is a sure solution for sore throat. It will ease soreness and reduce irritation in the throat. It also has the capacity to coat your throat- it has a substance that does that with no issues attached.
- You will need one tablespoon of the inner bark of slippery elm added to two cups of boiling water. Allow it to steep and then strain it. Drink it slowly while it is still hot. You will be relieved.
Garlic is also a very reliable home remedy for the treatment of sore throat and other related ailments in the body.
- You can eat raw garlic clove every day for effective cure. Alternatively, you can add a few drops of garlic oil to a ¼ cup of water and use it to gargle your mouth once on a daily basis.
3. Salt Water
This is one of the best ways to get desired relief from cases bothering on sore throat. Salt and water provides the enabling environment to give sure reprieve.
- Get a quarter tablespoon of salt into a glass of warm water. You can add honey if the taste is something you dislike. Gargle your mouth with it and spew out the salt water. Do this for about four times in a day for best results.
Sore throat can be caused by common cold. In the event of that, then HealthPrash will advice that you strictly adopt the use of Cinnamon to get desired reprieve. It is your best bet.
- Mix a few drops of cinnamon oil in one tablespoon of honey. Consume this twice daily to get relief from sore throat.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
It has antibacterial properties that will ensure relief from sore throat infection. It is a reliable home remedy that you can trust.
- Mix together one tablespoon of the trio of Apple cider Vinegar; Honey and Lemon juice. Drink this dose two to three times in a day and you will get sure relief.
Fresh lemon has the capacity to remove mucus from the throat. That was the main reason HealthPrash gave it consideration in the list of top 15 remedies for sore throat.
- Get the juice of half a lemon. Sprinkle salt and pepper over it. Slowly but steadily, lick the lemon.
This is another great remedy that we cannot ignore in this list of top 15 natural home remedies for sore throat. It has powerful properties that can effectively take care of sore throat.
- You will need a quarter teaspoon of turmeric powder mixed in a glass of warm water. Drink this slowly on an empty stomach. Repeat for 3-4 days for desired cure.
Honey is one of the reliable remedies that you can trust to get relief from sore throat.
- Add two tablespoon of honey into a cup of hot water and drink it several times in a day. You won’t get tired of this; the taste guarantees this. You will get desired relief.
9. Vitamin C
Whatsoever the reason for the cause of the sore throat; Vitamin C remains one of the best home remedies that will sure give you desired relief from sore throat.
- You will need sources of vitamin C to be taken thrice a day. You can get them easily around you; the list include orange; mangoes; red pepper…
You can use the benefits of the humidifier to get desired relief from throat infection. HealthPrash can vouch for the credibility of this method.
- Run a humidifier in the patient’s room. Alternatively, get a large bowl of water and place it in front of the radiator or the heating vent.
11. Ginger Tea
Ginger has been around for quite some time. It has proved reliable over the years and it is one of the credible means of taking care of sore throat
- The process is very easy, just the way you prepare the normal tea. Prepare your tea and add crushed piece of ginger; then boil for 4-5 minutes. Allow it to cool and drink to get effective relief from sore throat.
12. Chamomile Tea
Chamomile has the ability to reduce inflammation and throat pain. It is one remedy that the patients of sore throat can rely on to get relief.
- You will need two tea bags of chamomile steeped in one cup of boiling water. You can add honey to it for a more powerful combination. Drink the tea and you will sure get the desired relief from sore throat.
13. Basil Leaves
Basil leaves is also one of the reliable home remedies worthy of a place on the list of our 15 top home remedies for sore throat. You will get desired soothing relief.
- Boil the basil leaves and allow it to steep. Strain the liquid and just gently sip it bit by bit. You will sure be relieved of the symptoms of sore throat.
14. Indian Spices
HealthPrash included this in the list because of the natural ingredients it contains. It can sooth and cure all symptoms of sore throat.
- You will need the combination of grinded black peppercorn, fennel seeds, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, and dry ginger put into two cups of water. Boil the mixture for 5-6 minutes and strain the solution; drink it hot.
This remedy is our last for consideration. It is by no means the least effective of all the measures for consideration. It is a very good means of overcoming issues bothering on sore throat.
You can take a hot shower to get relief. Alternatively, get hot water in a large basin and cover your head with a towel over the steam. Inhale the steam to get desired relief from sore throat.
You are covered with any of the 15 remedies outlined above-you are guaranteed relief from sore throat with any of them.
Featured Image : Freepik