Strep throat brings a lot of discomfort. Presented below are 15 of the best home remedies that you can rely on for relief.
If you desire pure relief from strep throat, then one of the sure bests for instant relief can be gotten from fenugreek. HealthPrash can affirm with an air of authority that you will get desired relief using fenugreek. This is made possible through the great mucus dissolving properties that it contains.
- Get 6 cups of water and add 2 tablespoon of fenugreek seeds. Then boil for about 30 minutes. Allow it to cool and then strain. Gargle your throat with it 3-4 times each day.
You might also like to read :-
This is one remedy that will sure deliver on expectations. It is a combination of both curative and preventive capabilities. You can be rest assured that expected relief will come your way with this natural remedy – thanks to its antibacterial properties.
- Simply add 2-3 tablespoon of honey to a glass of hot water and drink it severally on a daily basis.
3. Slippery Elm
Another great solution to issues of strep throat is slippery elm. You can trust us; this is a very reliable means of reversing the pains in your throat. It contains mucilage which helps to reduce the irritants as well as going further to coat your throat.
- Add 1 tablespoon inner back of slippery elm to 2 cups of water and boil for some minutes. Strain it when cool and drink slowly while still warm. Repeat for about 3 times in a day. You will get relief.
HealthPrash can confirm that you will get desired results from the use of this powerful home remedy as well. It will work for you.
- Get the mixture of 1 teaspoon of both cinnamon powder and black pepper powder into a glass of warm water. Next, add cardamom to the mixture. Strain the mixture before gargling your mouth with it 2-3 times in a day.
Our list of remedies will not be complete without the inclusion of good old lemon. It is of great help in removing the mucus.
- Get the juice from half a lemon into a cup of water and add a teaspoon of honey to it. Mix properly well and then slowly sip the mixture.
Our take on cloves is due mainly to the fact that it has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties; the combinations of the 2 will give you desired relief.
- Add 1-3 tablespoon of clove powder into a cup of water and then mix it properly well. Gargle with this mixture 2-3 times daily until you get desired results.
This yellow spice is a strong antioxidant; that was the reason it made the list of our top 15 home remedies for strep throat. It is great in its fight against serious diseases.
- Get boiling water into a cup and add ½ teaspoon of both turmeric and salt to it and mix it well together. Allow it to cool and use the mixture to gargle your mouth at least twice in a day. Continue until you get desired results.
This is one remedy which we can recommend without any reservations. You will not be disappointed because it contains properties that can sooth inflamed throats as well as reduce swelling throat tissues.
- Get 2 tablespoons of chopped horehound into a glass of boiling water and allow it to steep for about 10 minutes. Then strain it and drink when it is cool; repeat twice daily.
Menthol is one remedy that can clear strep throat. Peppermint contains it; that was the main reason we included it on our list of 15 home remedies.
- Get two bags of peppermint into a cup of water and add boiling water to it. Allow it to steep for about 2-5 minutes. Gargle your mouth with it afterwards. Repeat 2-3 times in a day until your throat is free.
HealthPrash is presenting this remedy on the merit that it contains mucilage which will sooth and coat the mucus in your throat.
- Get dried marshmallow roots into a mug and pour boiling water enough to cover the roots. Cover the mug and allow it to steep for an hour. Now, strain the mixture and drink it 2-3 times in a day.
11. Apple Cider Vinegar
It is highly effective and a sure way to kill the bacteria that causes strep throat. You will also get desired soothing relief on your throat region.
- Get a cup of warm water; pour 1-2 tablespoon of ACV and a tablespoon of honey and mix them together. Drink it while it is still warm. Repeat once on a daily basis until you get desired results.
This is one remedy that has a broad shoulder that you can lean upon to get sure relief from strep throat. It will flush out the toxins out of your system and the ability to reduce swelling tissue.
- Get 2 cups honeysuckle flowers and leaves and heat it in a quarter cup of water until it simmers. Strain it and add honey to it. Drink it twice in a day until you get desired relief.
Sage is an astringent. It contains phenolic acids which can help fight and kill bad bacteria that cause strep throat.
- Get the sage leaves into a mug and pour boiling water into it. Cover it and allow it to steep for 20 minutes. Strain and then add 7 grams of salt. Use this to gargle your throat twice a day until you get desired reprieve.
“PLEASE, PREGNANT WOMEN ARE NOT TO USE THIS REMEDY.”
Ginger has been around for a long time and we can attest to the fact that it is very reliable to revert all issues bothering on strep throat.
- Peel the fresh ginger and then crush it. Get water at low heat and add the crushed ginger. Boil for 3-5 minutes. You can enjoy this remedy; add honey if you so desire.
15. Salt Water
Our final take is salt water. This is perhaps the finest home remedy for strep throat.
- Get warm water in a glass cup and add ½ tablespoon salt and honey to it. Mix them together. Use this to gargle your throat for several seconds for 2-3 times in a day. You will sure achieve desired results.
All the tips advised here will give you expected results without any attendant issues.